Getting the most out of ConnectionOpen
Tue, Mar 31, 2020
We’re often asked by users ‘How can I get the best experience using ConnectionOpen?’ So here’s a compilation of tips and tricks to check and optimise everything. The three key areas are connection, computer and audio hardware.
- Always use wired ethernet connection when possible
- If using WiFi, stay as close to the router as possible and use 5Ghz band if available
- Check your connection with speedtest.net - ideally both upload and download should be above 7Mbps (for mono audio sessions)
- Ensure no other apps are using bandwidth such as Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive, etc.
- Connect directly to access point (no switches or WiFi extenders in middle)
- Quad-core processor recommended
- Close other apps which may be using CPU
- If using a laptop, plug it in and disable power saving
- Use a good quality sound card/audio interface
- If you are on Windows, be sure to use the manufacturer ASIO drivers if available. When not available use a generic ASIO driver such as ASIO4ALL
- If possible choose 48000 sample rate (ConnectionOpen's internal rate)
It is important that you only work in stereo if your project specifically requires it, as enabling stereo will use twice the amount of bandwidth to send the same audio signal through the network.
We hope this will help you get the best possible experience using ConnectionOpen. If you have any questions or need further advice, please don't hesitate to get in touch.